Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tree of Life~Crows~Birds~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy Painting


Hola! Good to see you! I finished my "Tree of Life" painting ~ hope you enjoy it! It is listed on ebay auction if anyone is interested in seeing more photos ~ just follow the link over there! A very low reserve on this piece, too!
Now I am ready to start my next Don Quixote, which I decided to do on the old 3-panelled wooden screen I picked up on my scavenger hunt in Old Mexico!
I have a good bit of prep work to do on the screen before I actually begin painting, so that will keep me busy most of the morning....
Anyone in blogland ever been to the Starlight Dinner Theatre in Terlingua Ghost Town? It's a great restaurant housed in a very old adobe building that used to be a movie theatre back in the days when mining kept the village alive. To see Terlingua Ghost Town today, it is really hard to imagine it ever had a community large enough to support a movie theatre! Anyways, it is a restaurant oozing with personality & excellent food! Last night my sweetie took me there for supper and it was such fun! Good food, good music, good company, good time!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! And here's the artist quote for the day: All the good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow. -- Grant Wood
Painting Description:
This Mexican Folk Art Painting titled "Tree of Life" is a beautiful mixture of colours, swirling leaves, and flowers. Beneath the tree are two black crows. Each hill and casa is a different colour. The background is the morning sun on the rise.
Lots of turquoise, blue, green, yellow, gold, purple, red and black ~ this piece will look great with most any room's color scheme! This original work of art will add a touch of the Southwest and Old Mexico to anyone's casa ~ or office work place.
Why not add this beautiful piece to your collection of Mexican Folk Art! Or start a collection (if you haven't already) as Mexican Folk Art is quite popular now ~ and increasing in value with time.