Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tree of Life-Mexican Folk Art RoMy-Paintings-Painting-Original Artwork-Southwest Collection-Collectible-Collector-Border of Old Mexico-Terlingua Art

Hola! Glad to see you! Today I worked on my newest painting ~ a Mexican Folk Art "Tree of Life." I love painting the Tree of Life because they are so very colourful! And so meaningful! Representative of the connectedness of us all. I believe we are really connected on some level just as surely as we are connected today via the internet ~ one giant web!

It will still be awhile before the Tree of Life is finished ~ lots of very intricate detail in this piece. Then I may do another "Don Quixote." I was going to do one after my last one, but I felt an urge to do a smaller piece before jumping into another huge painting. The Don Quixote I just finished is almost 4 feet x 3 feet ~ really quite a large canvas to cover! My Tree of Life is only 20 x 16. I love painting different size paintings from the smallest to the largest ~ it keeps me flexible! It's good to switch the sizes around I think.

Well, in closing here's my Artist Quote for the day: Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. -- Pablo Picasso

Muchas Gracias for dropping by & have a great evening!