Saturday, May 23, 2009

PoLLo CoLoRiDa~Chicken 1~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy Painting

Hola! All you river rafters need to be here in the Big Bend National Park area running the Rio Grande this Memorial Day weekend ~ we have had the rain! Long needed, too! A wonderful 1" rain yesterday ~ then it rained twice today ~ 1" the first time, but the second time I'm not sure how much as I haven't checked the rain gauge yet....but it is sure wet & wonderful!!
Here's a colourful chick for you titled "Pollo Colorida" ~ she has a companion Chicken Number Two ~ which I'll post tomorrow....

Still working on both Don Quixote's....

I hope everyone has a special Memorial Day weekend & a safe one!

RoMy

Here's the Artist Quote for the day: Variety of uniformities makes complete beauty. -- Sir Christopher Wren (1632-1723)



Southwest ~ Mexican Folk Art ~ RoMy Paintings
Title: "Pollo Colorida" (Colourful Chicken)
Size: 10" x 8"
Hola! Welcome to my Terlingua Art Studio near Big Bend National Park, Texas ~ along the border of Old Mexico ~ For your consideration today I am offering this original painting:
DESCRIPTION
A whimsical little painting of a very colourful chicken! There are many colours in this piece ~ enough to go with anyone's colour scheme ~ green, red, coral pink, orange, turquoise, blue, purple, yellow.
What a great piece of Southwest ~ Mexican Folk Art to decorate your casa ~ or office place!
ABOUT THIS PAINTING
This Mexican folk art painting is an ORIGINAL work of art, brightly painted with acrylics on a professionally stretched, gallery-wrapped, premier canvas with no side staples. All four sides have been painted so that this piece is ready to be immediately displayed just as soon as it arrives! This painting, which measures 10" x 8", has been finished with several coats of non-yellowing acrylic varnish to protect and enhance its beauty for many years to come. A sawtooth hanger is already mounted on back. The front of this painting is signed by the artist ~ as is the back ~ and the back is also titled and dated (2009).
Bid with confidence knowing that this original painting has been created with the best quality materials available so that it will stand the test of time ~ and with time your purchase is sure to increase in value!
Please note: I have a companion piece to this one that you might want to check out on my auction page! The two paintings are very complimentary to one another! Should you be the winning bidder on both pieces I will gladly combine shipping!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The artist ~ RoMy ~ that's me! I live on the border between Texas and Old Mexico ~ near the Big Bend National Park ~ a few miles from Terlingua Ghost Town ~ and I love the history and culture of this area ~ a raw, still quite primitive land ~ a desert land where "rainbows wait for rain." The last few photos in this description show my outdoor studio which faces Santa Elena Canyon and the Rio Grande, the natural border between Old Mexico and Texas ~ and it is from this primitive setting ~ 80 miles from town ~ that I find most of my inspiration for painting. (in the photos Mexico is on the left side of the river and Texas is on the right)
I enjoyed the visit ~ Gracias! And, please, while you are here take a moment to
View My Other Items For Sale
Presently, I have several paintings at auction (on canvas, tin, wood & ceramic tile) & a variety of subjects:
St. Francis, San Pasqual Bailon (kitchen saint), Virgen de Guadalupe exvoto retablo, other saint retablos, Market Day village, Tree of Life, senorita, floral, crow, rooster, pig, cat, rabbit, angel, cowgirl, horse, deer, cactus, nuns, Don Quixote, landscape, abstract & many more! All fabulous pieces to add to your collection of Mexican Folk Art!
If you are an avid collector of Mexican Folk Art paintings ~ Mexican Exvoto Retablos ~ Latin American Folk Art ~ or Southwest (Southwestern) Folk Art please Add me to your Favorite Sellers as I specialize in these areas.
SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
Paypal only, thank you. I ship the next business day following receipt of payment. I pack all my paintings with the greatest of care, however, I assume no risk for any loss or damage which might occur as a result of shipping once the item leaves my hands. Insurance is optional. And I am always happy to combine shipping costs for multiple purchases!
View My About Me page to read my bio!