Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dinner for Two~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy Paintings

Hola ~ Good to see you! I'm so glad you dropped by to see my latest work ~ titled "Dinner for Two" ~ this painting features two of my most favourite characters to paint ~ Therese & Paco Reyes....

Lately, I've also been doing a few Native American paintings ~ "Navajo Rug," and "Navajo Beauty" which I haven't posted to my blog yet but you can see them on ebay right now if you're curious to take a look....

Hope everyone has a great morning!

Artist Quote for the day: He paints as a bird sings. -- Paul Signat, of Monet







Description:
Southwest ~ Mexican Folk Art ~ RoMy Original Paintings
Title: "Dinner for Two"
Size: 12" x 9"
Hola! Muchas Gracias for stopping by my Terlingua Art Studio near Terlingua Ghost Town & Big Bend National Park (Texas) along the Old Mexico Border! For your consideration today I am offering this original painting:
DESCRIPTION
A whimsical little painting of two of my favourite characters ~ Therese & Paco Reyes. Therese is in her lovely kitchen and her husband Paco is just coming through the door ~ home from a hard day's work ~ and bearing a hearty appetite! The table is spread with a gorgeous tablecloth of many colours and is already set with Therese's favourite Talavera dishes. She is just taking the beans off the wood-burning stove and the rest of the meal is nearly done as well.
Therese loves her beautiful kitchen! She works very hard to keep it pretty ~ and is always looking for other collectibles to add to it. She has many fabulous pieces of Talavera pottery ~ and a very old, very special candelabra that once belonged to her great grandmother. The aura in the Reyes cocina is one that is peaceful and full of love and Paco always looks forward to coming home from work to his loving wife and his home of which he is so proud!
The colours in this piece are gorgeous shades of coral, turquoise, blue, green, red, orange, yellow and purple Therese is wearing a beautiful dress with a fringed trim and a tiny cross necklace ~ her kitchen is very colourful with its bright counter top tiles ~ a vase of pink flowers ~ and a chili ristra. Another tiny cross adorns the top of the doorway Paco is stepping through with his sombrero in hand....What a charming piece of Mexican Folk Art to add to the decor of your kitchen!
ABOUT THIS PAINTING
This Mexican folk art painting is an ORIGINAL work of art, brightly painted with acrylics on a professionally stretched, gallery wrapped canvas. This premier canvas is tightly wrapped & tucked around a very well-made, quality wooden frame with no side staples ~ and all four sides have been painted so that it is ready for you to immediately display & enjoy just as quickly as you receive it (no additional framing is necessary) ~ and a hanger is already attached! Also this piece has been finished with two coats of a non-yellowing acrylic varnish to protect and enhance its beauty for many years to come. The back of this painting is signed by the artist, titled and dated (2009). The measurements are 12" x 9".
This unique painting is a wonderful treasure to collect for yourself ~ but it would also make a great wedding or house-warming gift!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The artist ~ RoMy ~ that's me! I live on the border between Texas and Mexico ~ near the Big Bend National Park ~ a few miles from Terlingua Ghost Town ~ and I love the history and culture of this area ~ a raw, still quite primitive land ~ a desert land where "rainbows wait for rain." The last few photos in this description show my outdoor studio which faces Santa Elena Canyon and the Rio Grande, the natural border between Old Mexico and Texas ~ and it is from this primitive setting ~ 80 miles from town ~ that I find most of my inspiration for painting. (in the photos Mexico is on the left side of the river and Texas is on the right)
I enjoyed the visit ~ Gracias! And, please, while you are here take a moment to
View My Other Items For Sale

Presently, I have many paintings at ebay auction in a variety of sizes from small to very large ~ painted on canvas, tin, wood & ceramic tile. Lots of subjects: Saint Francis, St. Therese, San Pasqual Bailon (kitchen saint), Virgen de Guadalupe, Don Quixote, Tree of Life, Day of the Dead, Mexican Ex-voto Retablos, Mexico Village scenes, Market Day settings, Sacred Heart Milagros, Senorita portrait, figures, abstract, animals, angels, cactus, desert landscape, cowgirls, and many more! All fabulous pieces to add to your collection of Mexican Folk Art!
Also if you are an avid collector of Mexican Folk Art paintings ~ Mexican Exvoto Retablos ~ Latin American Folk Art ~ & Southwest (Southwestern) Artwork please Add me to your Favorite Sellers as I specialize in these areas.
SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
Paypal only, thank you. I ship the next business day following receipt of payment. I pack all my paintings with the greatest of care, however, I assume no risk for any loss or damage which might occur as a result of shipping once the item leaves my hands. Insurance is optional. And I am always happy to combine shipping costs for multiple purchases!
Adios Amigo!
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my estudio! And, please, before you leave take a moment to View My About Me page & read my bio! And do stop in again ~ the Welcome Sign is always out!