Saturday, May 9, 2009

Don Quixote-Painting-Mexican Folk Art RoMy-Paintings-Original Artwork-Terlingua Art Studio-Old Mexico Border-Collectible-Southwest-Collection



My items on eBay

Title: "Don Quixote de la Mancha"

Size: 40"x32" ~ AWESOME SIZE CANVAS!!!

Hola! Muchas Gracias for stopping by my Terlingua Art Studio near Terlingua Ghost Town & Big Bend National Park (Texas) along the border of Old Mexico! For your consideration today I am offering this original painting:

DESCRIPTION

Don Quixote! The most beloved & famous character created by Miguel de Cervantes. This novel is considered by many critics as being the greatest ever written! Alonso Quijana (Don Quixote) is an elderly sixteenth-century Spanish gentleman who sets out with his "squire" Sancho Panza on a mission of high adventure! In this painting Don Quixote (with his faithful horse Rozinante by his side) is prepared to attack the windmills which he believes to be "ferocious giants!"

I just love Don Quixote & this piece was such fun to paint ~ I may do several more of him! Just thinking of his adventures makes we want to paint them all!

This very memorable quote of his is one of my favourites (maybe yours, too!):

Don Quixote to Sancho: There is a world outside La Mancha. There is a great elsewhere, my neighbor. And there we may both find fame and fortune.

Sancho Panza: How much does honor pay by the hour?

I appreciate your dropping by & please visit again! RoMy

Artist Quote for the day: The great artist is the simplifier. -- Henri Frederic Amiel