Friday, December 4, 2009

NR Mariachi Moon Chicken MeXiCaN FoLk ArT RoMy Painting

Hola! This is one of my newest paintings titled "Mariachi Moon" and it's on ebay now at my No Reserve Auctions all starting at .99 cents! Please take a look!

Also it is a rare occasion in Terlingua today ~ it is snowing!! We rarely see snow here in this part of the world and it is beautiful!!

Everyone stay warm & thanks for stopping by! RoMy



Mexican Folk Art ~ RoMy Original Paintings
Title: "Mariachi Moon"
Size: Approx. 8" x 7 3/4" (painted on thin TIN ~ tiny nail hole already punched ~ ready to hang!)
Muchos Gracias for dropping by my Terlingua Art Estudio near Terlingua Ghost Town and the Big Bend National Park in Texas ~ along the Rio Grande and the border of Old Mexico! Today for your consideration I am offering this original painting with NO RESERVE:
DESCRIPTION
It's a beautiful night in Old Mexico ~ the Mariachi band is strumming their guitars and singing love songs ~ couples are dancing beneath the moon ~ chickens are strolling about! ~ and it's an evening yet young ~ and filled with romance! Sweet love is in the air!
Gorgeous colours in this piece! Lovely shades of blue, turquoise, coral, red, purple, green, yellow and gold ~ a combination which will complement the colour scheme of most any casa! This piece will make a wonderful addition to anyone's collection of folk art! A great painting for the home ~ or even a Mexican restaurant!
This would also make a nice gift! Think Christmas!!
ABOUT THIS PAINTING
This Mexican folk art painting is an ORIGINAL work of art, brightly painted with acrylics on a piece of thin TIN, which is a very popular "canvas" to paint on in Old Mexico, and adds much charm to this artwork! Also, this piece, which is approx. 8" x 7 3/4", has been finished with a non-yellowing acrylic enamel to protect and enhance its beauty for years to come. There is already a tiny nail hole punched in the top so that it can be immediately displayed once you receive it! The front of this painting is signed by the artist and the back is signed, titled and dated (2009).
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The artist ~ RoMy ~ that's me! I live on the border between Texas and Mexico ~ near the Big Bend National Park ~ a few miles from Terlingua Ghost Town ~ and I love the history and culture of this area ~ a raw, still quite primitive land ~ a desert land where "rainbows wait for rain." The last few photos in this description show my outdoor studio which faces Santa Elena Canyon and the Rio Grande, the natural border between Old Mexico and Texas ~ and it is from this primitive setting ~ 80 miles from town ~ that I find most of my inspiration for painting. (in the photos Mexico is on the left side of the river and Texas is on the right)
I enjoyed the visit ~ Gracias! And, please, while you are here take a moment to
View My Other Items For Sale
Presently at ebay auction I have several paintings available in a variety of sizes from small to very large ~ painted on canvas, tin, wood & ceramic tile. Lots of subjects: Saint Francis, St. Therese, San Pascual Bailon (kitchen saint), Virgen de Guadalupe, Tree of Life, Day of the Dead, Don Quixote, Mexican Ex-voto Retablos, Sacred Heart Milagro, Mexico Village scenes, Market Day settings, Senorita Portrait, Santos, Saints, Church, Cross, Mission, Burro, Chickens, Roosters, Figures, Desert Landscape, Seascape, Mountains, Abstract, Cactus, Animals, Angels, Floral & Many More! Many fabulous pieces to add to your collection of Mexican Folk Art!
Also if you are an avid collector of Mexican Folk Art paintings ~ Mexican Exvoto Retablos ~ Latin American and Spanish Folk Art ~ and Southwest Artwork ~ please Add me to your Favorite Sellers as I specialize in these areas.
SHIPPING AND PAYMENT
Paypal only, thank you. I ship via USPS Priority Mail the next business day following receipt of payment. Your painting will be packed with the greatest of care! And I am always happy to combine shipping costs for multiple purchases!
View My About Me page to read my bio!
Adios!
I hope you enjoyed your visit to mi estudio! And please do drop in again anytime to see what I have been painting ~ my Welcome sign is always out for you!!
Via Con Dios!