Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1945 Diary Big Bend National Park Texas Mexican Folk Art RoMy,Paintings,Painting,Desert,Santa Elena Canyon,Photographer,Photography,Mexico,Hot Spring

Hola ~ Another gorgeous start to the day here in the Big Bend National Park area! Woke up at 2:30 A.M. ~ the sound of the rain so hard it raised me from a deep sleep! I drifted off and woke again around 3:30 ~ still raining but more gently. It's 6:30 now and still too dark to walk out and check the rain gauge ~ will take a look after sunrise ~~~

Hope everyone had a spectacular Labor Day weekend! Labor Day always marks the end of Summer for most folks ~ but Summer here in the desert along the Rio Grande lasts a long time! Our only really cold months are December & January ~ if you can even call our weather "cold" then! I wear shorts up till Thanksgiving or later and have them back on again come February ~ and I love it! I'd wear shorts, t-shirts and my huaraches all year long if I weren't so susceptible to the cooler temperature ~~~

I have finished my painting of Santa Elena Canyon and the vaqueros crossing the Rio Grande from the Mexico side over to Texas and the title is "Moonlight Border Crossing" ~ I'll have photos later today or tomorrow morning ~

Here is the next entry to Peter Koch's 1945 Diary (if you'd like to read it from the start please refer back to the post of September 3,2009

April 5th

Stopped at the Morris Ranch with Senter and Linder - at beginning of his road at junction with 227 saw a yellow headed black bird - solitary bird not easily frightened and feeding under mesquite.


End of Day's Diary Entry

This was a more brief entry than Peter's usual ~ maybe I'll combine two entries in the future when one is so short....

Muchos Gracias for stopping by & please visit again soon! RoMy