Sunday, July 5, 2009

Navajo Girl~Turquoise Jewelry~Folk Art Painting~RoMy

Hola! I hope everyone has enjoyed a great 4th of July weekend! I'm so glad you dropped by ~ and please do take a moment to view my newest painting titled, "Navajo Beauty" ~

Artist Quote for the day: Art is the difference between seeing and just identifying. -- Jean Mary Norman





Description:
Mexican ~ Southwest ~ Folk Art ~ RoMy Original Paintings
Title: Santa Fe Spirit
Size: 20" x 16"
Hola! Muchas Gracias for stopping by my Terlingua Art Studio near Terlingua Ghost Town & Big Bend National Park (Texas) along the border of Old Mexico! For your consideration today I am offering this original painting:
DESCRIPTION
Beautiful aura ~ beautiful colours in these mountains and adobe dwellings ~ turquoise, blue, purple, gold, pink ~ soothing! Add a touch of the Southwest Spirit to your casa ~ or office!
ABOUT THIS PIECE
This Southwestern Folk Art painting is an ORIGINAL work of art, brightly painted with acrylics on gallery-wrapped, professionally stretched canvas measuring 20" x 16". This premier frame has sturdy, precisely tailored corners and the canvas is tight with clean, staple-free edges ~ all four sides have been painted ~ this piece can be displayed as quickly as it arrives! There is a hanger on the back - when you receive this artwork all you need to do is place it in your special area and enjoy! Also, this piece has been finished with several coats of non-yellowing acrylic varnish to protect and enhance its beauty for years to come.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The front of this painting is signed by the artist and the back is also signed, dated (2009) and titled. By the way the artist "Romy" - that's me! I live on the border between Texas and Old Mexico ~ near the Big Bend National Park ~ a few miles from Terlingua Ghost Town and I love the history and culture of this area ~ a raw, still quite primitive land ~ a desert land where "rainbows wait for rain." The last few photos in this description show my outdoor studio which faces Santa Elena Canyon and the Rio Grande, the natural border between Old Mexico and Texas ~ and it is from this primitive setting ~ 80 miles from town ~ that I find most of my inspiration for painting. (in the photos Mexico is on the left side of the river and Texas is on the right.)
I enjoyed the visit ~ Gracias! And, please, while you are here take a moment to View My Other Items For Sale ~ Presently, at eBay auction I have several paintings this size. I also have a variety of other sizes painted on canvas, tin, wood and ceramic tile. Lots of subjects: Saint Francis, St. Therese, San Pasqual Bailon (kitchen saint), Virgen de Guadalupe, Don Quixote, Tree of Life, Day of the Dead, Mexican ex-voto retablos, Mexico Village scenes, Market Day settings, Sacred Heart Milagros, senorita portrait, figures, desert landscape, cactus, abstract, animals, angels and many more!
If you are an avid collector of Mexican Folk Art Paintings ~ Day of the Dead ~ Mexican Exvoto Retablos ~ Latin American and Spanish Folk Art or Southwest Folk Art ~ please Add me to your Favorite Sellers as I specialize in these areas.
Paypal only, thank you. This painting will be shipped UPS Ground. I schedule shipment the next business day following receipt of payment. I pack all my paintings with the greatest of care, however, I assume no risk for any loss or damage which might occur as a result of shipping once the item leaves my hands. Insurance is optional.
View My About Me page to read my bio!