Friday, May 1, 2009

Painting on Tin w/Hanger~Senorita~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy - eBay (item 150339335310 end time May-15-09 17:30:18 PDT)


Painting on Tin w/Hanger~Senorita~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy - eBay (item 150339335310 end time May-15-09 17:30:18 PDT)

Artist Quote for the Day: Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. -- Simonides (6th-5th century, B.C.)

"Got Leche?" is a sweet little senorita painted on a piece of thin tin with a gold-toned hanger attached - ready to hang! A nice collectible piece of Mexican Folk Art!

I paint on tin, canvas, wood & ceramic tile and have many original paintings in sizes ranging from very small to really large! I especially enjoy painting these little tins, though, because my acrylic paint behaves like watercolor and is very fluid as it slips and slides across the slick tin surface and seemingly takes on a life of its own!

I hope you enjoyed stopping by my estudio & please drop in again to see what I'm working on! Have a great day! RoMy