Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cowgirl Wanna-Be-Pink Cowgirl (Cowboy) Boots-Wild and Wooly Colourful PIG-Southwest-Southwestern Folk Art-Oaxaca Colours-Collectible-Collection-RoMy-A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150333771010#ebayphotohosting
To view more photos or to purchase this collectible piece of Southwest Folk Art please follow the link above.
This is a RoMy Original Tiny Tin (TM) - a great piece that will add a touch of Southwest Colour to your casa!
I have been painting these "tiny tins" for many years now and even though I use acrylic paints - painting on tin makes the acrylic more like watercolor! I love the feel of the paint slipping and sliding across the surface because it really allows me to paint with more flow and less control over my brush.
I also enjoy painting on canvas and enjoy doing large works of art - my latest have been on canvas 40"x32" -
I find the challenge of going from a tiny piece of tin to a huge piece of canvas where everything is on a much bigger scale (or vice versa) an opportunity to expand my abilities as an artist!