Monday, June 1, 2009

HUGE!~40x32~DoN QuiXoTe~MeXiCaN FoLk ArT~RoMy Painting-Paintings-Original Southwest Artwork

Hola! Here is my newest Don Quixote painting by the sea....a HUGE canvas! Nearly 4 feet x 3 feet! This piece is available on ebay....please follow the link below to see more photos and/or to purchase!



Artist Quote for the day: Art is the reasoned derangement of the senses. -- Kenneth Rexroth



Have a great evening & muchas gracias for stopping by! RoMy





Southwest ~ Mexican Folk Art Painting ~ RoMy
Title: "Don Quixote"
Size: 40"x32" ~ AWESOME SIZE CANVAS!!!
Hola! Muchas Gracias for stopping by my Terlingua Art Studio near Terlingua Ghost Town & Big Bend National Park (Texas) along the border of Old Mexico! For your consideration today I am offering this original painting:
DESCRIPTION
Don Quixote! The most memorable character created by Miguel de Cervantes. This novel is considered by many critics as being the greatest ever written! Alonso Quijana (Don Quixote) is an elderly sixteenth-century Spanish gentleman who sets out with his "squire" Sancho Panza on a mission of high adventure! This painting is set by the sea and is the most recent Don Quixote piece I have done ~ there is a nice companion piece to this listed on ebay also ~ please be sure & have a look!
I just love Don Quixote & this piece was such fun to paint ~ I may do several more of him! Just thinking of his adventures makes we want to paint them all!
This very memorable quote of his is one of my favourites (maybe yours, too!):
Don Quixote to Sancho: There is a world outside La Mancha. There is a great elsewhere, my neighbor. And there we may both find fame and fortune.
Sancho Panza: How much does honor pay by the hour?
This is a VERY LARGE work of art ~ almost 4 feet high! And nearly 3 feet wide! It measures 40"x32" and will spendidly decorate any wall on which it is placed ~ whether it is in your casa or place of work. Also, there are so many colours in this piece (turquoise, blue, purple, green, gold, coral, red & desert tan) that it will easily go with most any colour scheme!
What a great opportunity this is for the right buyer to add to his or her collection of Mexican Folk Art! And a perfect time to start a collection (if you haven't already) as Mexican Folk Art is quite popular now ~ and increasing in value with time.
Please Note: Colours may vary according to different computer monitors.
ABOUT THIS PIECE
This Mexican Folk Art painting is an ORIGINAL work of art, brightly painted with acrylics on gallery-wrapped, professionally stretched canvas measuring 40" x 32". This premier frame is also cross braced and has sturdy, precisely tailored corners and the canvas is tight with clean, staple-free edges ~ all four sides are painted ~ this piece can be beautifully displayed as quickly as you receive it!. There is a hanger on the back - when you receive this artwork all you need to do is place it in your special area! Also, this piece has been finished with several coats of non-yellowing acrylic varnish to protect and enhance its beauty for many years to come.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The front of this painting is signed by the artist and the back is also signed, dated (2009) and titled. By the way the artist "Romy" - that's me! I live on the border between Texas and Old Mexico ~ near the Big Bend National Park ~ a few miles from Terlingua Ghost Town ~ and I love the history and culture of this area ~ a raw, still quite primitive land ~ a desert land where "rainbows wait for rain." The last few photos in this description show my outdoor studio which faces Santa Elena Canyon and the Rio Grande, the natural border between Old Mexico and Texas ~ and it is from this primitive setting ~ 80 miles from town ~ that I find most of my inspiration for painting. (in the photos Mexico is on the left side of the river and Texas is on the right)
I enjoyed the visit ~ Gracias! And, please, while you are here take a moment to View My Other Items For Sale ~ Presently, at eBay auction I have several large paintings this same size. I also have a variety of other sizes painted on canvas, tin, ceramic tile and wood. Lots of subjects: Saint Francis, St. Therese, San Pasqual Bailon, Virgen de Guadalupe, Tree of Life, Mexico Village setting, Market Day scene, Day of the Dead, Senorita portrait, figures, abstract, desert landscape, cactus, angels, animals, floral & many more!
If you are an avid collector of Mexican Folk Art paintings ~ Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) ~ Mexican Exvoto Retablos ~ Latin American/Spanish Folk Art or Southwest Artwork ~ please Add me to your Favorite Sellers as I specialize in these areas.
Paypal only, thank you. This painting will be shipped via UPS Ground. I schedule shipment the next business day following receipt of payment. I pack all my paintings with the greatest of care, however, I assume no risk for any loss or damage which might occur as a result of shipping once the item leaves my hands.
View My About Me page to read my bio!